Do you think building a modular kitchen in Kolkata can make a hole in your pocket? How much does a modular kitchen cost? As you probably know, modular kitchens are designed with standard components or “modules” available at a fixed price. So, if you know your personal priorities, you can create a beautiful kitchen in your home without breaking the bank. While prices for simple modular kitchens in Kolkata or elsewhere start with lacquerware, there are other factors that contribute to the higher prices.
1. The size of your kitchen: Prices also vary depending on the size and layout of your small kitchen. It can be assumed that a large kitchen will require more modules, which leads to a higher cost. Your cooking style can also play a role. For example, if you don’t spend a lot of time cooking, all you need are a few basic kitchen components, which lowers the price.
2. Cabinet materials and finishes: Some of the most popular cabinet material choices are wood, plywood, MDF (medium-density fiberboard), and particleboard. Among them, wood is the most expensive, yet elegant option. And in terms of finishing, you can choose between acrylic, polymer, membrane film, and laminate. Acrylic, with its glossy appearance and scratch-resistant properties, is an ideal choice but is expensive compared to analogs. Therefore, the choice of materials and surfaces for your kitchen interior as well as your exterior determines the total cost of a modular kitchen.
3. Accessories: Any modular kitchen layout should be designed with the right accessories included. Depending on your function, you should choose accessories that fit your kitchen design. But don’t forget to invest in accessories that you will actually use. Boards, plate holders, and knife holders are indispensable accessories.
4. Countertops and backsplashes: Both countertops and backsplashes can reduce or interfere with the appeal of your cooking space. Quartz, Corian, and polished granite are some of the most popular countertop materials; Quartz has a high price. On the other hand, standard glass, metal, and stone back walls can create color and elegance in the cooking space.
5. Utensils: Like accessories, utensils play an important role in improving overall cooking. For optimal use of space, you can choose built-in appliances such as ovens and dishwashers. Buy a device that you use frequently to avoid additional costs.
Now, you know the main factors that add to the price of a modular kitchen, make it a point to prioritize your needs and create a kitchen that fits your vision and budget. For any kind of assistance, Karmashre Interio is here to help you out.